STUDY MEDICINE IN GERMANY
Post-Graduation Education in Germany
Being the world’s third major destination for higher education, the number of youngsters seeking for a post-graduation course is Germany is sky-rocketing. With its policies and rules revolving around the student, the country is a popular choice amongst them, when it comes to education especially in the field of medical science.
Why Choose Germany for PG Medical Courses?
- Welcomes all the fields – Germany caters to all the subjects and fields of education. It has top universities in every field which one easily can aim for. From Engineering, Medicine to Art and Music, Germany offers approximately 17,500 courses for Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate degree with more than 460 state universities to choose from.
- Language is no barrier – Though a foreigner might need a certification in the German language, most of the colleges/universities conduct their studies in the English language especially in master’s degree programs. This practice attracts a vast number of students across the world to choose Germany without any second thoughts, making education comprehensible and universal.
- World recognition of the education – This is the quintessential perk of seeking education in Germany. The recognition is worldwide, therefore, those students who study from here are widely accepted and respected around the world. Thus, the scope is not just limited to the country itself as German studied persons are highly demanded by employers everywhere.
- All about development – The work and study policy in Germany makes sure that you’re acquainted with the outer world, getting enough exposure along with gaining knowledge. Most of the universities provide this facility where you have a job while you’re studying which assists in covering up your basic necessities and also allowing you to utilize your time and energy efficiently. Apart from this, having a residency permit gives you the privilege of traveling Europe (Schengen area) without any visa troubles.
- Easy on the pockets – People are usually under the illusion that education in Germany isn’t in harmony with the finances but that is not the case. One can avail the scholarships which universities provide and if not the case, the bachelor’s degree courses don’t require any tuition fee if you’re doing it from a public university. Where private universities tend to charge tuition fees, public ones only take some semester contributions which cover services and facilities like transportation and so on. In a nutshell, the universities might charge some fees but the overall education expenses are lesser than compared with the other countries.
- Diverse cultures – Since almost 12% of students in Germany are outsiders, you’re not secluded from the league. You’ll easily intermingle with the fellow mates who come from vivid backgrounds and different countries. Alienation is rare as all the students have different origins and thus each and every student is a native and foreigner equally.
- Ease of settling – There is no tedious procedure in getting a residence permit. Besides getting a work visa, which is mandatory for students before entering Germany, one can also get a permit to the place where he or she stays. The residence permit can be obtained after completing 3 months of stay in Germany.
Admission to the respective specialized course and documentation
Translation & Attestation of all documents for registration andvisa guidance in the respective country ( Skype coaching for 1 hour )
- Airport pick up and settlement in respective home on day 1
- Personnel assistance for first 1 week on selected destination in Germany
- 20 hours personal training for job interview by native German career consultant
- Motivation letter/documentation/Lebenslauf in German for Job Application
- Guidance / Application for work permit
3 months of Hospitation/ Praktikum in a Teaching Hospital recommended by our team.
study Material for Fachsprachprüfung & Approbation for successful outcome designed, evaluated by successful German doctors.
- Approbation services guidance
- Verification of Job contract with respective HR/respective state law
- Family reunion services
- Arrangement of part time jobs in rehabilitation center while preparing for exam for financial stability
Requisites to do a PG Program in Medicine
- Application Letter – The most important requisite is to have an application letter or the acceptance letter of the Medical University where the individual has applied for. Apart from that, valid documents of the previous degree must be present for the responsible person. This might be handy when applying for visa as it requires a valid document stating the completion of the high school or UG degree in Medicine.
- Language Proficiency – The best part about pursuing a master’s degree in medicine i.e. Post-Graduation in Germany is that there is no requirement of clearing any entrance exam like SAT or TOEFL. Although there is a language proficiency exam involved which needs to be cleared before you step in Germany.
Six Major Levels in German Language Course include:-
A1: Covers basic knowledge of the language. Clearing this level means that a person can form basic sentences and read and write them in German. It may also include general instructions, greetings and enquiries. Also, it is always better to learn fundamental rules of grammar along with building up a vocabulary.
A2: Clearing this level indicates that you have a grip on initiating general conversations and can introduce and express yourself easily in German language. You won’t find trouble in carrying out daily conversations and read, write and understand simple text.
B1: This level explores the German grammar in greater depths. Therefore completing this level, it can be deduced that the person can initiate or participate in interesting conversations and can easily put up his/her opinions effortlessly and without any errors. This level also allows the individual to read a general text and summarize and express it without losing the gist of it.
B2: This level indicates that the person won’t require any translator to convey the messages as the person is aware of the essential elements of a conversation. He can take part in debates and serious discussions and present his opinions freely.
C1: This level ensures you work towards becoming a pro in the language and thus helps you in preparing for that. Once you clear this level, you can easily read, write and understand work of literature, job-related instructions and all types of text.
C2: This level is the zenith of the German language course. Upon completion of this level, the individual is expected to have mastered the nuts and bolts of the language and thus can comprehend, read, write and speak fluent German like a pro. Apart from this the individual can easily make use of phrases, idioms, sarcasm and other forms of expressions.
- School Leaving Certificate – The third requisite for studying medicine in Germany is the school leaving certificate which is also known as Abitur.
- Visa – The fourth and the utmost required thing is the Visa. If the person belongs to Non-EU or Non-EFTA state, it is advisable to apply for the visa 3 months prior to the travel date as the proceedings may take time.
- Translation of Documents – Yet another requirement is the proper collection of the documents in the native language and German language as well. It is beneficial to get the documents translated as soon as possible.
Does the stipend/salary for Medical Residency program in Germany taxable?
which are the states Hospitation( Medical postgraduation in Germany) can be arranged?
Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Bayern for prospective registered students.
Does Pinnacle 1- Direction provide accommodation in Germany for students during Hospitation?
Yes, but depends on the availability and we recommend our students to register 3 months before the commencement date.Our team will guide through the process.
While applying for VISA, should I apply for Schengen VISA or a regular German VISA?
You can apply for any of the two. However, complete VISA documentation guidance will be provided by our expert team members so that you can clear your doubts easily and also we have a training program for visa purpose.
What is the basic monthly stipend/salary one can expect while doing a job along with the medical course?
A stipend of INR 274034.79 (Approx) or 3800 Euros per month can be expected during the course. The basic tax allowance in Germany is 8,652 Euros if you are unmarried. If your income exceeds this amount you will have to pay an income tax of 14% to 42%.
What about the Language Proficiency Test? How many times I can reappear for the test?
For the medical post graduation in Germany, there is no need for IELTS AND TOFEL. However, we offer a short German Language preparation course (8-10 months) in the package which will help you to understand all the medical terminologies in the German language easily. Talking about the test; TestDaf can be re-taken as often as one wish to take whereas DSH can be retaken only once after failing in the first attempt of the particular level. After clearing the test the required certificate will reach within 6 to 7 weeks at your postal address which you have mentioned in the form.
What will be the schedule on the first and second day of my arrival?
a. You will be received from the airport and personal accommodation will be provided to you.
b. Begin your Medical Terminology classes, German communication classes or Intensive language classes as soon as the orientation program and basic formalities are completed.
c. The next day will comprise of basic counseling and completion of necessary documentation such as bank account opening/translation of documents/city registration/tour.
How much fee the PG Medical Programs will cost? What are the things that are included in the package?
The PG medical programs package will cost between 15 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs (20,790 Euro to 27,720) which will depend according to the medical specialist program chosen by you. The package covers all the cost related to Accommodation, travel expenses, food expenses & Medical Insurance ( 1 year ), registration fees,Consultation fee, Language program, Medical Communication program, translation of documents, registration with the respective Medical Council, training program given by Pinnacle team for successful interview outcome & all the programs which are included in Consultation fee.
Medical students and doctors have great opportunities in Germany. The country has the very advanced infrastructure and has been taking in international students for many years. There is always a mix of the world’s best talent studying and working together in German universities.
Medical education Germany is free although competitive and restrictive. Admission to German universities is based on their own rules and regulations. However, what they have in common is that they all demand high standards including excellent grades in high school and proficiency of the German language. Proof of German skills means passing a DSH (the “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber”) or TestDaF (test of German as a foreign language) TestDaF can take approximately 400 to 600 class hours. The exam is a rough equivalent of level B1 of the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”. If your degree program has English as the medium of instruction, then you will have to take TOEFL test as well.
Cost of living in Germany depends on where you are studying/staying. The average expense for a student may be said to be around €750 a month for basic overheads such as accommodation, study materials, transportation, food, etc. Students can take advantage of student discounts at public places like museums, theaters, cinema, public swimming pools, etc.
Germany has a lot in store in terms of landscapes and water bodies for explorers. Germany has 16 national parks, 104 nature reserves, and 15 biosphere reserves. You can also travel to Germany’s nine neighboring countries on a budget. Germany is also globally known for some its festivals and cultural events. To be experienced are the October beer fest where they celebrate everything Bavarian, the Carnival Season which marks the beginning of the period of Lent, leading up to Easter, The Frankfurt Book Fair (‘Frankfurter Buchmesse’) which dates all the way back to 1476. It is held mid-October and, is arguably the largest trade fair for books in the world. Also not to be missed are The Berlin Film Festival or ‘Berlinale’, the largest film festival in the world, the world-class musical event – Bachfest Leipzig in memory of the great Johann Sebastian Bach and, Festival-Medieval (The Medieval Festival) a very entertaining festival featuring re-enactment of scenes from the early central Europe reflecting the life in that age and time complete with medieval markets, fire shows, music, street performers.
Hi there !! Presently i am working as Assistenzarzt in the dept of Anesthesieology. it is like dream came true. Pinacle 1 Direction has trustworthy and friendly working members. His guidelines and knowledge regarding, Let s say " How to make it to Germany being a foreign medical graduate " are remarkable . One of biggest advantage after arriving in Germany is that , that Dr Raghu is available to guide and advice whenever we need. I gave my best to fullfill all requirments, as per guidence given by Pinnacle 1 Direction , specially Dr Raghu. I would Happily recommend Pinacle 1 Direction for more doctors who wish to continue their Work and studies in Germany.
My husband and myself found Dr.Raghu through a Common Friend.... From the day 1 till now he remains the same - Friendly, Trustworthy and Punctual ... Under his guidance and Support we have finished our German Language course till B2... And taking Up our Visa Interview shortly.. He has already planned everything for us, what should be done now and in near Future.. His Plans are personalised for each and every person individually.. I would Happily recommend it for more doctors who wish to continue their Work and studies in Germany.
Excellent guidance and counselling on choosing Institutes for higher studies and carriers.
Pinnacle1-Direction guides you excellently for your post graduation programme . They explain you the process very precisely and specially Dr. Raghu who personally makes time to explain you the process . They are doctors guiding other doctors �
Thank you Raghu, It was great talking to you, youre service was excellent and the information shared and help in choosing the right course and selecting college as well great. Continue this service the way you do lot of students and professionals need your service in migrating to Germany. Keep up the good work. Thank you and pinnacle-1 again Regards Vijay
I had detailed conversation with dr raghu n it was really incredible experience. He explained and answered my all "if and but" in detail.
Its been a long pending dream for me to visit Germany for my post graduation course. Undergone many frustrating moments not able to get the right information required to pursue my dream and achieve the desired results. quite a few discussions with Dr.Raghu has put me on the right path in making my dream come true and in fact I felt confidence after our long discussion. Moving ahead with clear vision and required knowledge on germany. Thanks to Dr,Raghu.
Good interaction, Helped a lot positive mind & good counselling.
Thank you Dr. Raghu for your immense patience and kindness. You gave a clear picture with proper pros and cons of what the path to germany has in store. A confidence booster and a good mentor!
The officials are doing a great job,friendly guidance with a warm response to any sort of queries at anytime.The team is appreciated for its trustworthy and dedicated work with their sincere approach towards their candidates.
Its an honour to speak with mr raghu The way he guides and deal his clients is wonderful .. I think and am sure tht i hv choosen the right person to set my life on the right path . Thanks sir
It was such a delight to discuss future plans of doing PG in Germany and moving there. Dr. Raghu is pleasant personality , always eager to help you out in best possible way and guides you well.
I have been guided by Dr Raghu sir who took out his valuable time and explained me everything regarding pg in germany step by step...His guidance has given me a clear cut picture and has solved all my queries
i am thankful to the consultancy for guiding our medical graduates to secure admission in China and also for career counselling . wishing you all the best !
On my first interaction with Dr.Prabhakaran I have to say that Pinnacle one is a group that can be trusted and they know what they are doing. The depth of knowledge that he and his team has regarding the german system is truly astounding. He is a very patient and a kind person, who knows how to encourage people and help them. Also the straightforwardness and the respect he gives for our views is what anyone would like in him. All in all Pinnacle one is something that I would suggest to someone who want to start even from the "A" till the "Z" . All the best for future endeavours doc .
Hi ! I talked to Dr Raghu, and he has been immensely helpful and is extremely well versed with the German Post Graduate education system for international medical students ! Thanks Pinnacle1-direction for the guidance 🙂
Attractive. Informative. Genuine. A must for foreign aspirants.
It is very encouraging to get some reliable , especially first hand information about the Medical career prospects in Germany. They walk you through to every single step and they have solutions for any obstacle you may face. To keep it simple,they know what they are doing. Thank you Pinnacle 1 - Direction for the support and guidance.
It was great talking to Dr Raghu, he explained me about the process in so much detail and so patiently. I am glad my friend introduced me to this!😊
Thank you for your sound and reasonable advice on the practical ways to shift out of the country. Also, the help you gave in choosing subjects, the institution and the process was very useful made it very easy for us to understand.
Dr. Raghu really explained everything very clearly and with patience. Really a good and correct person to go for help.
It was great to talk to Dr. Raghu. Explained the whole process elaborately. Sure that he is going to help us to get post graduation in Germany. I strongly recommend all this consultancy.
Wir empfehlen all unseren SprachkursteilnehmerInnen die Unterstützung und Beratung von Dr. Raghu und freuen uns sehr auf die weitere enge Zusammenarbeit unseres Medizinischen SeminarZentrums mit Pinnacle 1-Direction! Alles Gute - Ihr Team von Arzt-und-Sprache
Well the first interaction is keeping me going ahead.
I have been very nicely guided by Dr Raghu about my post graduation in Germany. He made it very easy for me to understand each and everything and solve all my queries regarding the same. I liked his systematic way of explaining me everything and making me understand every aspect of education, lifestyle and work there. Thank u so much Pinnacle1-Direction.
I have been guided by Dr. Raghu very nicely about my post graduation in Germany and also clarified all the queries I had about the programme now am feeling in an optimistic way that yes we have people like Dr. Raghu who help the medical students to pursue post graduation beyond sea.
Dr.Raghu extends all his support to the students . He understands and patiently listens to all stupid and absurd questions that we as students tend to ask him and answers all of them . His mentoring is so very upto the mark that it eventually leaves the student with all the positivity and confidence that they will sail through smoothly .
Thank you dr Raghu sir , It was great talking to you sir Thanks a lot ..
With immense pleasure I would like to share my review, it all starts from the first impression a person gives when u speak to him/her. It was Dr.Raghu, who with immense knowledge to guide foreign medical students gave the perfect pathway with proper suggestions and advices to decide my career pathway towards specialisation in Germany (so called pg in Germany). It was really your valuable time and gift from heaven to us, though be it ur career to motivate people not all on Earth do it with such an extra attempt to encourage, and motivate. Awaiting forth to land and proceed with specialisation sooner 🙂 thanks again to Dr.Raghu Prabakaran. And special thanks to Dr.Chida Rajendran who is already in Berlin pursuing her specialisation in Germany for introducing Pinnacle 1-direction.